Payroll services in Melbourne
Payroll Services Melbourne
Are you looking for Melbourne Payroll Services? Look no further! Here at Off The Hook Bookkeeping, we offer payroll.
We understand that not everyone can do payroll, or even if they can, they don’t like doing payroll. Payroll is one of those things that comes with risk.
- Risk of paying wrong hourly rates, superannuation or allowances and then having to back pay
- Chance of paying wrong amount one week and having your staff resent you
- Possibility of setting your payroll up wrong and paying too much or too little in entitlements
- Prospect of getting caught paying cash wages and then finding out that illegal wages aren’t tax deductible and you’re going to white collar jail
- Risk of looking like a payroll-fool instead of being payroll-cool
Good thing for you that we have our payroll ducks in a row, and we can help you get your payroll ducks in a row too.
So if your payroll hasn’t been done well, or you have had enough of doing it internally, let us do it for you. No sense giving yourself, or your employees, an ulcer over something they aren’t fluent in.
If you can’t speak a foreign language, you don’t fret about it. So why fret about payroll, if you don’t know how to talk it and hear it fluently?
Payroll is one of those things where you just have to do it well every week. Or fortnightly, or monthly – whatever your pay sequence is.
Pay too little, and your employees will let you know about it. And fair enough too – some of them are very dependent on getting their wages paid on time, so they can pay all their bills in a timely manner. Paid wages keep morale high! Workers are free to work with their minds on the job, knowing that you have their back financially.
And then you also want to avoid the mess that overpaying your staff involves. That is just something you want to keep away from!
Payroll isn’t something you can take a holiday from. Every pay cycle, on the whistle, pays need paying. We are prepared to be the ones who do that for you, so that you don’t have to persuade whoever was doing your payroll internally to “just process the pays while you are on holidays” or some other crossing of boundaries that might have been done before.
Or has no boss ever asked that from their payroll staff before… ? 🙂
What kinds of payroll services do we offer?
That is a great question! Almost all of them. We are able to do anything from salaries to overtime, commission calculations, allowances, and rosters.
But things you might not know include:
- Figuring out which Award Wage your staff should be paid
- Knowing if your staff are Employees vs Contractors
- Finalising year end or fixing mistakes with Single Touch Payroll
- Reporting your PAYG Withholding each month or quarter (IAS and BAS Lodgement)
- If your Superannuation is paid late you need to lodge a Superannuation Guarantee Surcharge
- How to process final pays, Terminations and Redundancies
- When you hit the Payroll Tax threshold and have to start reporting
- How to calculate figures to lodge in your annual Workcover or Return To Work declarations
- Making sure your software is calculating the right amounts of Annual Leave and Carer’s/Personal Leave
- Which employees need to have Long Service Leave paid into funds
- When to add in Annual Leave Loading
- How to set up an employees Salary Sacrifice request
- When employees get paid for Public Holidays
- How to best manage staff Timesheets
Why should I outsource my payroll?
Unless you’re running a bookkeeping business, you didn’t start your business to do office admin, bookkeeping, accounts and payroll. And if you are running a Bookkeeping Business please join our Facebook Group – I <3 Payroll (Payroll Providers Australia) because we provide confidential, non-judgemental support to help you bookkeeping practice (and your clients businesses) thrive.
So, back to you, business owner…Why are you forcing yourself to do something which is normally done by a pro? No one would think twice about a GP or a Dentist not knowing how to do bookkeeping and payroll. And they’ve gone to Uni for years and years. Why do you hold yourself to a higher standard than them? Should you be expected to do something you don’t know how to do or like doing?
Part of what makes businesses able to grow and flourish is because they have things they can rely on. Be that suppliers, workers, regular customers, etc. And the back end of the business, so to speak, also needs to be something that you can rely on. By allowing us to do your payroll, you will have a reliable, accurate and up to date area in your business that you can trust and rely on.
Do you have an App for that?
Yes we are software savvy, and use various payroll programs to get the job done accurately, quickly and efficiently. Therefore, you can rely on our service to get it done for you.
Accounting Payroll Software we can help you with include:
Dedicated Payroll and Scheduling Software we can help with:
- Deputy (staff scheduling and rostering)
- Employment Hero (Compliance, Rostering, Time & Attendance)
- Enable HR (people and compliance management)
- KeyPay Cloud Payroll (Award automation and compliance)
- Service M8 (trades and home services)
- Tanda (time, attendance and rostering)
Time Tracking or Project Management Software we can help with:
Industry Specific Time / Project Software we can help with
- Geo Ops (businesses with mobile workforces)
- Sim Pro (trade and service industry)
- Aro Flo (for construction)
- Tradify (for trades)
- Synergy (for Architects and Engineers)
- Fresh Ops (for cleaners and cleaning teams)
- Better Clinics (by Reckon)
Ok Melbourne and beyond! That is our take on Payroll Services. Over to you…
Thank you for reading our post. Payroll isn’t easy, yet it is essential to keep your workers happy and content to continue to be in this financial arrangement of being your employees. If we sound like the Bookkeeping Business that would fit your payroll needs, please get in touch. We will help clear this area up in your business. You will be able to focus on your dream, which is why you started your business in the first place.
Whether yours is something relatively simply like paying salaries monthly, to the complexities of overtime, loading, entitlement pay, etc. we are able to do it all.
And naturally, we also do regular Bookkeeping, so if you need help in that area too, we are willing and able to help.
We look forward to hearing from you.
CEO & Founder
Off The Hook Bookkeeping
Amy is also the founder of The Savvy Bookkeeper ~ so if you are a Bookkeeper who needs help with Sales, Marketing, Website, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Business Logo and more, please get in touch.
If you are interested in engaging with our Bookkeeping services ~ please click here to get in contact.
Thank you for your time, and enjoy the Melbourne weather!