Terms and Conditions of Engagement
The terms and conditions of this agreement are subject to change by either party after due consultation and notice.
Upon termination of the agreement for whatever reason by either party, payment for all services accrued up to and including the date of termination becomes immediately due and payable
If you fail to pay our account according to our terms then we reserve the right to suspend or cease work immediately without penalty and charge you in advance in 10 hour blocks. We reserve the right to charge 5% interest per month on all overdue accounts accruing daily until paid. If we are required to engage the services of an external debt collector you agree to pay all fees and charges associated with the collection as well as our overdue account.
We are not engaged to undertake a statutory audit of the financial records of any of your business entities and we will not express and auditor’s opinion as to the truth and fairness of the financial statements. In the event of an audit being conducted on your accounts our normal hourly rate will apply should you require our assistance.
The financial statements and any other documents that we are specifically engaged to prepare, together with any original documents given to us by you shall be your property including the Client’s Bookkeeping Manual. Any other documents brought into existence by us, including general working papers, draft documents and Checklists from the Pure Bookkeeping System will remain our property at all times. If our services are terminated we shall be entitled to retain your source documents and/or data file until payment is made in full of all outstanding fees.
All materials given by you to us are owned by you or you have the permission from the rightful owner to use such materials and you will hold harmless, protect and defend us from any claim or action which may arise from the use of such materials.
You agree that during the period of this engagement or at any time after you will not disclose to any person or business, any information about my business, myself or my representatives. This information includes but is not limited to procedure, practices, business transactions, methods, processes, intellectual property (including the Pure Bookkeeping System), business dealings, financial dealing, documents and all other materials generated by us.
Upon mutual agreement the work can be completed onsite or offsite. When we are working at your premises we will take all due care and consideration to ensure no loss and/or damage occurs. However we shall not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage incurred while at your premises.
We assume no responsibility for any consequences resulting from the provision of information and services including but not limited to errors or omissions. We make every effort to provide you will accurate and reliable information and services, however all information provided is intended solely to provide general guidance and you accept full responsibility for its use. The information provided does not constitute legal, accounting, tax, financial planning or consulting services and we recommend you receive advice from professionals.
We are independent contractors not employees and as such we reserve the right to perform, direct and control the services we provide including hiring sub contractors or employees to provide the services on our behalf
It is a breach of the agreement we have with our contractors that they approach you to work with you directly. Likewise, it is a breach of this agreement with you if you approach any of our staff or contractors and ask them to work for you directly. Penalties apply.
Terms and Conditions of Payment
- Invoices for New Client Start Up and Training will be issued weekly and must be paid for prior to next session
- Invoices for Rescue Jobs (any work more than 3 months behind) will be issued and payable upfront in 10 hour blocks. Work will not commence until that invoice has been paid as cleared funds. When the time has been used work will cease until the next invoice issued has been paid. This procedure will continue until the Rescue is complete and then either weekly or monthly invoices will be issued.
- Weekly maintenance work will be invoiced weekly and must be paid within 7 days
- All other maintenance work will be invoiced fortnightly and must be paid for within 7 days*
- Additional costs incurred will be charged to your account such as parking fees, stationery & courier charges
- Travel time to your site (from 30 minutes one way) will be charged at the normal hourly rate
All issued invoices will be based on the completed and signed-off “session checklist” and therefore no refunds will be available except where circumstances fall in line with the ACCC guidelines for refunds on services (please see “Refunds and Cancellation Policies” information below.
Any work that is in question must be discussed with the bookkeeper at the time of “session checklist” being reviewed. If you believe an error has occurred that was not mentioned at the time of review of the “session checklist” you must contact Off The Hooke Bookkeeping to discuss your concerns within a reasonable amount of time.
Our preferred method of payment is by direct debit using EziDebit. Your monthly invoice will be issued at the end of the month. You will receive an email on or around the 13th of each month notifying you of the amount to be deducted and the date it will be processed. The invoiced amount will then be debited on or around the 15th of each month. If you do not allow for sufficient funds in the account when the direct debit goes through and the payment bounces as a result you will incur an additional penalty.
Price increases will take effect from July 1st each year.
Credit Card Payment Security
Off The Hooke Bookkeeping uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions.
eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
- All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Off The Hooke Bookkeepingor any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAYís bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Off The Hooke Bookkeeping.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au or email ua.mo1566234953c.eko1566234953oheht1566234953ffo@n1566234953imda1566234953