Our committment to privacy
The Privacy Act includes a set of 13 harmonised privacy principles that regulate the handling of personal information by Australian and Norfolk Island Government agencies and some private sector organisations. These principles are called the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). They replace both the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) that applied to Australian Government agencies and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) that applied to some private sector organisations.
Off The Hooke Bookkeeping collects personal information about you (‘the Information’) in the following ways:
- When you subscribe to receive our emails, you will be asked to provide us with your name and email;
- When you register to comment on our Blog, you will be asked to provide us with your name and email;
- When you complete a New Client Details Form, you will be asked to provide personal details;
- When you provide personal details to a member of our team in the course of your dealings with them.
Use of this information
Off The Hooke Bookkeeping collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to:
- Communicate with you via email.
- Enable you to comment on Blog posts.
- Create a record for you on our client database.
- Provide services to you as a client.
- Recommend beneficial products or services to you.
Disclosure of personal information
Off The Hooke Bookkeeping will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your consent.
Security of your personal information
Off The Hooke Bookkeeping has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control. These security measures include:
- Firewalls – to prevent the hacking of our database.
- Clauses in employee agreements requiring confidentiality.
- Appropriate security access to our business premises.
- Security bins for the disposal of written information
Correcting and updating your personal information
You may gain access to Information that Off The Hooke Bookkeeping has collected about you, by contacting our office. You can change or update personal information via telephone, fax, email, online through our web site or letter.